Our Core Networking Principles
Making sure that everyone at PowerMatch is on the same page when it comes to building business relationships is important, so we've put together our top ten Core Networking Principles and we've asked all of our members to put their names to them!
Please have a read, and if these are networking principles that YOU can subscribe to, please consider joining us and meeting professionals who share these networking principles, too!
1. Networking is not for selling my wares; Networking is for building know | like | trust! I'm not looking to sell when I'm networking.
2. Networking is best done through meaningful conversations that exchange ideas, share resources, and discuss ways we can help each other. - My goal during PowerMatch meetings is to have deep meaningful business conversation with other business professionals. I don’t believe in handing a business card out and expecting something transactional in return.
3. Building business relationships takes time. This is a marathon, not a sprint!
4. Helping others is my primary goal when I'm networking. Focusing on adding value is how I build business relationships.
5. There is no measurable ROI when it comes to networking. Since I know that networking is not selling, I measure the value of my PowerMatch meetings by the resources I give and get, the support I get around my struggles and ideas, the introductions I give and receive, and the collaborations I create.
6. Quality is better than quantity when it comes to networking. S/he who dies with the most business cards does NOT win!
7. I'm very clear about how my strategic partners can help me. My marketing foundation is such that I have many points of connection to bring in collaborators and provide value! (Or I'm working to build it up that way!) I don't define help as "Buy my stuff" when I'm networking.
8. PowerMatch meetings are a priority for me. Since my meetings consist of potential strategic partners, they are hubs of my target market, so being chronically late, not responding to scheduling notices in a timely manner, or cancelling my meetings at the last minute, is not a good look. Also, I'm not an inconsiderate jerk.
9. I don't use your contact information for nefarious purposes. Bombarding you with my newsletters and advertising from my mailing list isn't cool. I don't add you to any lists unless you specifically ask me to.
10.Diversity in my network is what makes it so great! I value a business network full of professionals from all walks of life, backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, political leanings and opinions! There is strength in diversity!
So How About You?
If these are your networking principles, too, then please consider joining PowerMatch!